Welcome to My Ultimate Hike Page
Thanks for visiting my Ultimate Hike page!
On April 25, 2020 I will be participating in the CureSearch Ultimate Hike. I will be hiking 28.5 miles in the foothills of the Appalachian trail. My efforts will support research for pediatric cancer and give hope to the families involved. Not only is this a healthy and exciting challenge for my personal growth, spirit and mind, bu also a topic that is near and dear to my heart. My daughter Cora Tucker was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma in March 2011. Her treatment included six rounds of chemo, a major resection surgery, a bone marrow transplant, multiple radiation therapies, blood transfusions and thousands of needle pokes. Cora has been NED (no evidence of disease) for over seven years. She is living the most normal life as possible. However, we will always live in fear of a secondary cancer and Cora will always be hearing impaired, a side effect from the treatment. Cora will always suffer from short stature as the treatments prevented her from growing normally for two years of her life. Cora will most likely never be able to have biological children of her own.
CureSearch funds pediatric cancer research. With this research, children like Cora have a better chance to survive and live a healthy life after cancer. I am asking for your support. Help me eliminate this awful disease and reduce life-altering side effects.
Here are a couple quick facts:
- There is government fund for pediatric cancerLITTLE
- The #1 cause of death by disease in children is cancer
- 1 our of 8 children with cancer WILL NOT survive
- Everyday 43 children are diagnosed with cancer
- More than 40,000 kids are in cancer treatment each year
- In the last 20 years only 4 cancer treatments have been specifically developed and apporved for children
- 60% of children who survive cancer suffer LONG TERM effects
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.