Welcome to My Ultimate Hike Page
Thanks for visiting my Ultimate Hike page!
That picture above? That's me in the midst of doing the hardest thing I've ever done -- climbing all 19,341 feet of Mt. Kilimanjaro in an oxygen tank in August 2018. While I'm incredibly proud of that accomplishment, there are always a few reminders that stick out all these months later:
- I couldn't do it by myself -- it was my accomplishment, but I needed support. I needed my team for motivation and safety. Having the right team with me was the biggest factor in my success.
- Summit day was the hardest day of my life -- but it was a single day.
- The summit is just the half-way point.
- I couldn't do it by myself -- it was my accomplishment, but I needed support. I needed my team for motivation and safety. Having the right team with me was the biggest factor in my success. CureSearch for Children's Cancer is a national non-profit that funds and supports innovative children's cancer research. They are the best source of information for children, families and their support system. They provide a team to every child and family going through cancer, so no one is alone.
- Summit day was the hardest day of my life -- but it was a single day. Every day, day in and day out, 43 children are diagnosed with cancer. Every day 43 families will start a very scary journey. I'm hiking 21 miles (in one day!) so that I can provide comfort, support and solace to families affected by cancer. Helping a family during one of the hardest periods they can experience will be my greatest accomplishment.
- The summit is just the half-way point. 5 of the 43 children diagnosed every day do not survive. Yet, those who do survive can live healthy, fulfilling lives, yet they are cancer survivors. And they face physical, emotional, spiritual and financial side effects that are unique to cancer survivors.
Please consider supporting me as I help change the odds for those children most at risk. Maybe donate $21 (for the number of miles I'll tackle) or maybe $43 (for the number of children diagnosed everyday) or $68 (for the date I'll be hiking -- 6/8/2019) or maybe even $376 (the number of patients enrolled in clinical trials funded by CureSearch)!
Thank you for helping me tell children's cancer to take a hike!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.