CureSearch's Create Your Adventure Guide
What is Create Your Adventure?
Create Your Adventure is a series of hikes planned by YOU! You pick the trail, the distance, and the date and you set your own fundraising goals. Register as a solo hiker or form a hike team. Create Your Adventure event planners (Hike Captains) are encouraged to plan a hike for their local community, friends, family or coworkers.
Why Create Your Adventure?
Every day 43 children are diagnosed with cancer. One in eight won’t survive, and 2 out of 3 will suffer devastating, lifelong side effects. CureSearch for Children’s Cancer’s Ultimate Hike seeks to change that by raising funds and hiking.
Who are our Hike Captains?
Create Your Adventure hikes are planned by individuals with support and guidance from the CureSearch hike experts along the way! These events are critically important because they allow us to reach many more supporters than we could with staff planned events. As a Hike Captain, YOU are the MVP, allowing CureSearch to fund more cures and safer treatments faster than ever before!
Hike Captains Steps for Success
- Visit www.ultimatehike.org/CreateYourAdventure to sign up as a Hike Captain or contact us at email@example.com for help planning a team hike or a solo adventure. A Create Your Adventure staff member will be available to support you each step of the way.
- Think about your location, mileage, and what you want your event to include. Are you looking to take four friends on a quick trek through the woods, or gather 200 people from your company? Decide your first choice locations right away and check to see if you need to make a reservation, obtain a permit, etc.
- Edit your team website to include your event details, and start inviting friends and family to tell children’s cancer to take a hike!
- Spread the word, raise life-changing, lifesaving funds and learn more about how your dollars make a difference, www.curesearch.org/research.
At Every Create Your Adventure Hike
Participants must register online (or in person on event day if the Hike Host chooses to allow it).
- Registration is just $10 per person, regardless of age.
- For $30, your registration will include a short-sleeve t-shirt
- For $100, your registration will include a short-sleeve t-shirt, sweatshirt, and medal.
Participants will receive swag for reaching $75, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, and $5,000 fundraising levels.
Details of Your Adventure
You chose the venue, distance, and any age limits.
You decide if you need people to help you plan and form a planning committee or team, if needed.
You decide if there will be food/beverages/etc. and work to get those items donated.
You decide if it will occur on a difficult, rugged trek, an easy walk on a paved trail, or something in between.
Hike Captains are welcome to include CureSearch's mission and/or children's cancer statistics and/or Ultimate Heroes into the event. Feel free to add local flavor to make your event truly unique!
Support for Hike Captains:
- reach out to provide staff support
- provide a dedicated team fundraising website
- create a Facebook event for your hike and link it to the Ultimate Hike Facebook page (if desired)
- provide a certificate of insurance if needed
- provide fundraising coaching and incentives
- provide a sample press release
- provide tear away CureSearch banners
- provide a Wall of Heroes template to honor local kids who have faced cancer
- provide tools for securing donations like water and snacks: a 503(c)3 letter and fundraising authorization form
- cheer you on every step of the way!
We hope you'll be one of our Hike Captains. To get your hike started, email firstname.lastname@example.org.